How to Reuse Custom Box Inserts
Custom box inserts are a very popular form of packaging. Manufacturers like to put their products into a box using these inserts for plenty of different reasons.
- Display – The custom inserts are a great way to display a product in the best possible way. The product can be surrounded by graphics and can be held in a way within the box that makes it easy to see everything.
- Protection – The custom inserts, especially a custom foam insert, offers maximum protection for the products that are inside.
While these benefits are great, there is a problem with the custom inserts. They cost more. For some businesses, the benefits outweigh the extra costs and that is what people are seeing so many custom box inserts in use today.
Waste Not, Want Not
One of the other costs that is not often thought of with the use of inserts is what happens after the package has been opened by the consumer. The inserts can easily end up in the trash and are just consider waste. They end up in a landfill. That is not a cost that people like to hear about, but there is something that they can do about it.
Instead of taking the inserts out of the box and tossing them into the trash, it is better to find ways to reuse them. With a little thought and creativity, it is possible to keep the inserts out of the landfill.
Ways to Reuse the Inserts
There are several ways to reuse the inserts and keep them out of the landfill.
- Organizing – The custom inserts often have several small pockets in them. They can be used to hold small items in the bedroom, the tool shed or the junk drawer of the kitchen. It keeps things separate and easy to find.
- Craft projects – When doing craft projects with kids, the different areas of the custom inserts can be used to hold small pieces or even to hold things like paint or other supplies for a child to use their creative juices with. They can help prevent a lot of messes.
- Protect the item they held – The biggest advantage of a custom foam insert is the protection they offer for the product they hold. Instead of throwing them away, keep them and store the product in the box it came in with the inserts. It will remain protected and could last a lot longer.
The only limit on how to use the custom inserts is the imagination of the person that has them. If all else fails, the best way to reuse the custom inserts is to recycle them. That way they avoid the landfill and help protect the environment.